Response: Truck Falls Off Bridge Into Crowd
This story I found very interesting - not due to the outside meaning. While it is a horrible incident that happened I personally believe it has a deeper meaning. To me, this shows that the things that we would never expect to happen can easily become reality.
No one at this festival would have ever expected this to happen. If they did, they wouldn't have gone. The thing about it is - when people drive drunk, they do not realize the consequences to themselves, but more importantly others. Impaired judgment is a common thing with being drunk so people I'm sure they think they're safe to drive, but what we, as people have to understand, is: this story proves that what seems impossible, never really is.
We don't live our lives expecting something bad to happen constantly, and that's good, but maybe we should consider the risks. There was a tent set up - the truck crushed the tent and a few people inside. No one expected the truck to come off of the ramp, but it was definitely a possibility to be considered - overall the chances are slim so we can't live our lives like it's a horrible place, but I do think that we should be more aware of things that could happen.
I also believe that companies should do more background checks, and encourage their drivers never to drive if they've had any beer at all - whether or not this makes the company lose money, it's better for everyone. In conclusion, I feel like this incident taught us all the importance in being more self-aware, even if it was hard to in this situation. It also brings to light DUI, since that's the probable cause - which will hopefully make companies consider their current policies on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment