Wave 3 News: Pence on Trump's Comments
I found this story very interesting. Trump's comments about women are definitely very insulting, and I find it very intriguing that Mike Pence, his VP, will not defend him.
I completely understand where Mike Pence is coming from when he says he won't, but I sure didn't expect him to say he wouldn't defend him. The way Mike Pence portrayed himself at the vice presidential debates was in such a way that it seemed that Trump could say/do anything and Pence would always have his back. As Trump's running mate, you would expect it - and I would still expect it here.
While I completely agree with Pence's stance on Trump's comments, it is very unexpected to me. This has given me the realization that political positions do not take the place of moral obligations. Trump's comments were rude, and Pence agrees and even takes it a step further and says he will not defend him.
I think this article and statement by Pence really goes to show the importance of values in the political and personal world. Trump might have said some horrible things, but maybe Pence is a better person than most people thought he would be.
No comments:
Post a Comment